Monday, November 1, 2010

Kind


In “The Guest” I think that my favorite character is Daru, because in a way I can identify myself by the actions he takes. Like him I’m also a person who tries to solve problems the non-violent way. In addition I also have in my mind that everyone should act the same way, expecting nothing more than sincerity and kindness from others. In this story the Arab is a prisoner of Balducci, an old friend of Daru. Balducci wants Daru to take the prisoner to the police headquarters because of a murder. Throughout the story, Daru is a person who does not like violence; he likes everything to be peaceful. He is kind towards the Arab even though the Arab has killed somebody. When Balducci brought the Arab to the schoolhouse, Daru kindly welcomed them into the room, and heated up the classroom for them to be more comfortable. The Arab’s hands were still tied by a rope and Daru asked Balducci to untie his rope. I admire this action because Daru treats every human being the same in his “house”.  After Balducci left, Daru treated the Arab like a visitor, not like a prisoner. He would leave the Arab wonder by himself in the room, he would feed the Arab, and waited to see if the Arab would escape. But he never did. In my life by doing the right things, by treating people the way they deserve to be treated and just by being humble I have learned that everything usually flows smooth and turns out right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment